While talking about Internet business only the advantages come to mind. They are plenty and obvious. And the disadvantages are only a few and are applicable to some only. Since the merits outweigh the demerits, we tend to safely ignore the disadvantages.
However, you must be aware of the disadvantages. That's because Internet business may not suit everyone's attitude, mentality, beliefs and knowledge and skill levels.
So let us deal with the disadvantages first.
- You need to cope with technology or employ people to handle the technical part of it. In other words, you must be familiar with Internet and computer usage. (But believe me it is not at all that hard as you might think because of the terminology you hear often. The factors you must consider are:
* You have to learn a lot in order to succeed. The learning curve may be steeper for some. Most people who fail have done it the wrong way. It is important you follow the right way in a systematic manner.
* You should take it up in a disciplined manner. Daily allot some time for this work.
* You should be willing to do research where needed to select the right profitable business area (niche).
The advantages of online business are obvious to the general user.
- Little or no investment to start with
- No overheads like office space, warehouses, billing and management employees; everything is fully automated
- Can be operated from any part of the world
- Can work with flexible timings - day or night
- Can take long vacations
- Financial freedom in the long run
- and many more...
These are the reasons why many people jump on it. Why should you suffer the 9 to 5 job after all if you can earn from home?
In a survey conducted, about 40 percent of US office goers expressed their desire to work from home. However, one should not enter Internet business by suddenly giving up the job.
The fact is not everyone can appreciate and tackle the work involved in Internet business. The sales letter you read from Internet marketers will claim things are as easy as opening a car door and life will become smooth as a bed of roses. Don't be carried away by such fancy sales letters. It is their business to try and trick to win clients. It is your business to exercise wisdom, control and judgment. Never get carried away by get-rich-quick schemes either. There is no such thing as free lunch. You have to work hard in the initial years to get yourself up step-by-step.
That's why I have included a page on the life of an Internet marketer. So you get the idea. If you believe you can do all such work given there, then it is for you. If you are capable of learning the basics, then it is for you. If you have very little money but are willing to give your best in terms of time and efforts, then it is for you. If you have huge money to invest in order to get it managed by others then it is for you.
So go to the next section and take a look at the work ahead.